L to R: Red bell peppers, kale, beets (and greens!), chile peppers, Sunburst pattypan squash, zucchini, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, parsley, basil, slicing cucumbers, slicing tomatoes, green beans, red potatoes.
I am feeling overwhelming gratitude for the abundance in my life today. Some things I am grateful for:
1. The abundance of fresh, local vegetables, fruits, meats, dairy products, and baked goods that have been produced this summer by so many good, hard-working people right here in New Hampshire, providing my family with the absolutely best food they could possibly eat.
2. My dog, who we rescued from a local animal shelter, after she was rescued from an Alabama all-kill shelter, and who proceeded to rescue our whole family with her unconditional love and boundless joy in just being alive, and living in the moment.
3. The staff of The Boy’s charter school, who constantly and tirelessly work to create a learning environment so unique, so safe, and so giving, that The Boy has transformed from an insecure, mistrusting, miserable, lonely 10-year-old, into a self-confident, hopeful, purposeful, happy 12-year-old.
4. The Husband and The Boy, for without them I really have nothing.
5. This blog, and you, my readers, for providing me with a sense of urgency and purpose, and valuing what I have to say enough to keep coming back for more from my crazy-kitchen-soapbox.
Take some time today to be grateful for the abundance in your life, wherever you may find it, and I’ll see you on down the Road.